Oh, it’s so annoying when you’re coughing your lungs out but your stash of cough medicine has depleted. Also, you’re feeling too weak (or lazy) to go out to the pharmacy to buy some.
Well, who says you have to rely on commercially-available ones when you can make your own?
You don’t necessarily need to get your hands on some strange chemical material if you know the recipe that calls for all-natural ingredients.
And besides, this is perfect if you’re so worried about the dangerous chemicals you potentially could be ingesting from the products sold in the market.
Ready to make some cough drops? Below is a recipe you can follow and it involves honey, ginger and lemon. Soothing for the throat, yummy for the sweet tooth in you.
DIY All-Natural Cough Drops!
By Blossom pic.twitter.com/xylbuyRNLq
— Tips & Tricks (@awkwardgoogle) January 10, 2019
- 1 large ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon clove powder
- Peel the ginger and slice it into small pieces. Using a mortar and pestle, mash them.
- Place the bits into a pot over medium high heat. Add in water, sugar, lemon juice, clove powder and some honey.
- Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Then, leave it aside to cool.
- Using a tea spoon, scoop a spoonful of the thickened mixture and drip it onto a baking sheet into a circular shape. You know, like a lozenge! Repeat until the mixture runs out.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar over them and let dry.
Done! Keep these cough drops in a jar.
Source: Tips & Tricks